Skip to main content

So, I was watching this documentary the other day, you know, about the ancient Egyptians and their pyramids. And I'm thinking, how did they do that?


 So, I was watching this documentary the other day, you know, about the ancient Egyptians and their pyramids. And I'm thinking, how did they do that? It’s like, millions of tons of rock, no power tools, no Amazon Prime delivery for sand. And then I see this picture, and it all clicks!

Look at this guy! He's clearly part of a highly advanced, ancient civilization. He's got the blue jumpsuit, which, let's be honest, is a classic. Very "construction worker chic." And he’s got his little trowel, and his little tray of… what is that? Dirt? Mud? Is he building a pyramid out of, like, artisanal compost?

And then there’s the woman in the window. She’s got that look. You know the look. The "honey, did you remember to pick up the dry cleaning?" look, but also the "seriously, what are you doing down there?" look. She's got the fabulous curly hair, probably a wig, because who has that much volume naturally? And she's peering out, probably wondering if her husband is ever going to finish this… whatever this is.

I feel like this is a scene from my own life, you know? My wife asked me to fix the fence the other day. I went out there with my toolbox, and I swear, the fence just looked at me, judged me, and then collapsed in a heap of existential dread. I think it was intimidated by my lack of actual carpentry skills. So I did what any modern man would do: I Googled "how to fix a fence" and ended up watching a 45-minute video on how to build a birdhouse. Close enough, right?

But this guy, he’s committed. He’s got that focused look. He’s not questioning his life choices. He’s just there, trowel in hand, adding another layer to… what? A giant dirt sculpture? Is he building a really, really big molehill? Maybe he’s trying to impress the woman in the window. "Look, darling! I'm building us a cozy, subterranean apartment! With excellent insulation!"

And the woman, she’s probably thinking, "Honey, the rent is due next week, and the landlord is a ravenous badger. Please tell me that's not another one of your 'art installations'."

I’m just saying, if you’re going to build something that big, you need a plan. You need a blueprint. You need… maybe a crane? Or at least a really strong cup of coffee. This guy’s got neither. He’s just got grit. Literally. He’s got a whole lot of grit.

I bet his wife is yelling down, "Is that dirt? Are you putting dirt on the house? The outside of the house?" And he’s probably yelling back, "It’s not dirt, darling, it's… it's textural enhancement! It's avant-garde exterior design!"

You know, sometimes I think we all have a little bit of this guy in us. We're all just out there, trying to build something, whether it's a pyramid, a fence, or just a decent sourdough starter. And sometimes, it looks a little messy. Sometimes, it looks like we're just shoveling dirt. But hey, as long as we're not covered in it, and our significant other isn't yelling at us from the window, I guess we're doing okay. Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week! Try the lasagna!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

funny haha

 

Remember Barbie? And G.I. Joe? Two titans of the toy industry, right?

  You know, I was at my niece's birthday party the other day, and it got me thinking about the toys of our youth. Remember Barbie? And G.I. Joe? Two titans of the toy industry, right? So, my niece, she's got this list for Santa, and it's a doozy. She wants a Barbie AND a G.I. Joe for her birthday. Now, I'm standing there, looking at this list, and I'm thinking, "Okay, a Barbie, sure. G.I. Joe, a classic. But together?" And then her mom, bless her heart, she pipes up, "Doesn't Barbie come with Ken?" Now, this is where it gets good, people. My niece, she's like, five years old, but she's already got the wisdom of a seasoned divorce attorney. She looks at her mom, dead serious, and says, "No, she comes with G.I. Joe. She fakes it with Ken." I swear, I almost choked on my mini-quiche. Fakes it with Ken! You hear that? This kid's already figured out the patriarchy, and she's still learning to tie her shoes! And you know w...

Zoki Humor funny picture for today

 

Funny picture

 

Freddie

  Alright, alright, so I'm at this fancy restaurant, right? Trying to impress this date. You know, the kind of place where the waiter whispers the specials and the bread basket comes with three kinds of artisanal butter. I'm trying to be on my best behavior, channeling my inner Pope. My date, she's looking fantastic, and I'm trying to keep my eyes on her, not on the… well, you see the lady in the picture. Let's just say she's got some… *prominent* features. So, the waiter comes over, and he's like, "And for you, sir?" And I, trying to be polite, trying to keep my composure, I look at my date, then I look at the woman in the picture, and I say, "Where are your manners, Freddie – take your elbows off the table!" My date looks at me like I've just grown a second head. The waiter just freezes. And then I realize, I think I might have just… *borrowed* some dialogue from a very memorable cartoon. I stammered, "Uh, I mean... where are *...

Popular posts from this blog

funny haha

 

funny haha

 

Zoki Humor funny picture

 

funny picture for today

 

I stumbled upon this cartoon. It's a classic! Two panels, right?

 So, I was scrolling through the internet the other day, you know, trying to find some inspiration, and I stumbled upon this cartoon.  It's a classic! Two panels, right? In the first one, you've got this woman, bless her heart, she's got more curves than a scenic mountain road, and she's doing a full-on dive onto the bed. Like, a proper Olympic-level dive. And the guy, he's underneath the covers, peeking out with this look on his face that's a mix of terror and, I don't know, maybe admiration? It's a brave new world, people! Then, BAM! Second panel. The bed has completely collapsed. Like, it's not just a sag, it's a full-on implosion. Pieces of wood are flying everywhere, dust clouds, the whole nine yards. And the guy? He's still under the covers, but now he's got a book. He's just… reading. As if this is a normal Tuesday. He's probably thinking, "Well, that was unexpected. Good thing I brought my bookmark." And it got m...

Popular posts from this blog

Where are your manners Freddie

A child asked his father, "How were people born?" So his father said, "Adam and Eve made babies, then their babies became adults and made babies, and so on." The child then went to his mother, asked her the same question and she told him, "We were monkeys then we evolved to become like we are now." The child ran back to his father and said, "You lied to me!" His father replied, " No, your mom was talking about her side of the family. "  

hahaha

 

Funny 😁

 

Facebook cover photo/ actual photo

 

Funny joke

 

75 haha funny