So, I was scrolling through the internet the other day, you know, trying to find some inspiration, and I stumbled upon this cartoon. It's a classic! Two panels, right? In the first one, you've got this woman, bless her heart, she's got more curves than a scenic mountain road, and she's doing a full-on dive onto the bed. Like, a proper Olympic-level dive. And the guy, he's underneath the covers, peeking out with this look on his face that's a mix of terror and, I don't know, maybe admiration? It's a brave new world, people!
Then, BAM! Second panel. The bed has completely collapsed. Like, it's not just a sag, it's a full-on implosion. Pieces of wood are flying everywhere, dust clouds, the whole nine yards. And the guy? He's still under the covers, but now he's got a book. He's just… reading. As if this is a normal Tuesday. He's probably thinking, "Well, that was unexpected. Good thing I brought my bookmark."
And it got me thinking, you know? This is marriage, folks! This is the reality of long-term relationships. You start off with this grand, exciting entrance, full of passion and… gravitational pull. And then, after a few years, things… settle. Or in this case, they unsettle. You go from a synchronized swimming routine to a man reading a book in the rubble.
I mean, my wife, bless her heart too, she's not exactly doing Olympic dives. But I've seen her approach the bed with a certain… determination. You know the look. It's the look that says, "I've had a long day, and this mattress is going down." And I'm usually the one already under the covers, pretending to be asleep, but secretly bracing myself. I'm like, "Okay, this is it. The big one. Should I grab the emergency snacks? Should I deploy the safety helmet?"
The funniest part is, after a moment, you just… adjust. You pull the covers back up, you find your spot, and you keep going. Because what else are you gonna do? Build a new bed every time? No, you just read your book in the debris field. It’s all about adapting, isn't it? It’s about finding peace in the chaos. Or at least finding a good chapter to get lost in while the structural integrity of your furniture is being tested. Thank you, you've been a wonderful audience!

Comments
Post a Comment